[Bf-committers] Fix: Using Yafray for background rendering

Alejandro Conty Estevez bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:58:25 +0200

> Speaking of this, I've never been able to get the Yafray plugin to work.
> Every time I attempt to render even the most simple of images (the
> standard cube with one spot light, for example), I get a segfault very
> shortly after initiating the process. I think I've tried this on at
> least two different linux boxes, both with the same results.

Are you using official blender?

www.yafray.org:
WARNING (linux only): For the plugin to work, you need to compile
Blender and YafRay with the same compiler or at least same ABI. Packages
are compiled with g++ 3.3, but official Blender uses 2.95, it won't
work. You have to compile Blender yourself or try to compile YafRay with
2.95. We will try to put gcc 3.3 Blender binaries for download.

jandro