[Bf-committers] Re: Fix: Using Yafray for background rendering

Alejandro Conty Estevez bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:16:26 +0200

There's a mistake in the loading code in blender. It checks the plugin
to have execution permission. Otherwise it ignores it. But:

/usr/local/lib/libyafrayplugin.so
  drwxr-x---    2 root     root         4096 2004-08-12 11:44

Does not even have read permission unless you run blender as root. Do
chmod 755 /usr/local/lib/libyafrayplugin.so

It is strange since here "scons install" puts the right permission flags.
Anyway we have to change that check in blender and check only for read
permission. I didn't do it cause cvs was frozen when I discovered it,
can I do it now?

Anyway with your installation that won't work cause you can't read that
file as a user.

jandro