[Bf-committers] Fix: Using Yafray for background rendering

Alejandro Conty Estevez bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:09:27 +0200

> I had the following situation: blender and yafray were compiled against the
> same glibc, which was updated afterwards. Strangely, this somehow broke the
> pugin interface. Either blender or yafray (I cannot tell which) would dump a
> lot of binary data onto the console and then blender would exit. I'm not the
> only one to have experienced this problem. I could fix it by recompiling both
> blender and yafray, but it tells me that the plugin interface is not
> reliable. And in fact, I'm not sure what might cause this strange behaviour.

Updating glibc might be a very good cause. First, how big was the
update? from what version to what version? What OS? Have you tried other
parts of blender that use stl intensively? I don't know if eeshlo and me
are the only ones.

> There is another bug in Yafray causing it to output the world background only
> (the same scene worked correctly a few months ago). I'm still investigating
> that one.

Ok, send me a file as soon as you isolate the bug. Thanks for the help.

jandro