[Bf-committers] August 08 2004 - Meeting Minutes

Maarten Gribnau bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:18:32 +0200

Hi Jean-luc,

Yes you are right, there is room for improvement. Especially with the old-style
Carbon code and the keyboard support.

Multiple monitor support is easy to add but Blender needs to be aware of it too
for it to be of any use. That is why it was never finished. If Blender
remembers the window positions or allows artists to work in a multiple window
set-up, multiple monitor support makes sense. The bad news is that this is much
more work than extending GHOST.

I guess the ghost developers list should be the place for discussions although
it is really quiet there. Are you aware that there is a separate repository for
GHOST? The idea was to phase GHOST out to a real libary in a separate CVS so
that it can be used in projects besides Blender. However, this was never
finished but I believe that there are still some improvements that were never
posted to the Blender repository.

How to proceed? I guess I will wait if you have detailed questions. I am also
willing to think with you on the design issues.

Greetz, Maarten