[Bf-committers] August 08 2004 - Meeting Minutes

Jean-Luc Peurière bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 12:44:16 +0200

Le 9 août 04, à 08:38, Maarten Gribnau a écrit :

> Hi there,
>
>> On with future projects:
>> - lukep will be working in Carbon specific part of
>> GHOST that need reworking. General parts of GHOST
>> would probably need reworking too but he'd need the
>> help of a GHOST expert for that (consider that a call
>> for help)
>
> What needs to be done?
> I am willing to help if it can be done in spare time.

Thanks.

Mostly the carbon code used is MacOs 9 era. some parts
causes problems or are deprecated and will be axed
one day or later.

Keyboard support is done in a way that make it not
international friendly.

The more general work is linked to multiple monitors
support. A part of the redraw problems we have on
Os X is due to context changes non properly handled
when we go on the dock area or the mouse change
monitors.

For Os X at least, adding multiple monitors supports
should be easy, but I have no idea if it can be done
the same on other platforms.

I have also some improvements/(design issues) in
mind but it is a bit early to expand on that.

I will work on the carbon code and make a clear
proposal of other changes.

I may also need help to understand some fine
or wise points.

Where is the proper place to communicate on this ?
  here or on Ghost-devel list ?
--
Jean-luc