[Bf-committers] Feature Proposal

Jonathan Merritt bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 07 Aug 2004 23:00:27 +1000

Hello Bart,

> After i talked with other cg artists about blender (i use Blender, they
> use 3dsMax) i started creating a feature proposal:
> http://www.neeneenee.de/blender/features/

I'd say that the first three of these features - advanced loop
subdivide, hilight move axis, and the different viewport behaviours -
are all relatively minor things (certainly the last two).  However, the
relatively insignificant details of tiny features like these seem to be
endlessly, endlessly debated, so I can only wish you luck on finding a
consensus... >:-]

In Tuhopuu at least, the axis along which an object is being dragged is
already shown (as you describe) when that axis has been constrained.  I
haven't been using the main Blender tree for a while.  Is that feature
not yet available?

Your final suggestion - a solidify function - sounds partially like the
"Cap Holes" modifier from 3DSMax.  I'm not sure exactly what you mean by
the dragging capability of this function though.  Could you perhaps
expand on that idea a little, maybe with some more examples?  What is
the proposed algorithm, and (how) will it work for complicated meshes?

Jonathan Merritt.