[Bf-committers] Release AHOY 1

Meino Christian Cramer bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 05 Aug 2004 07:35:25 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

 I am currently write a Blender Python script.

 One of the tasks of this script is to figure out, what vertice of the
 selected object are selected.

 The user has to do (beside other things) three steps until this
 point:

   a.) Select object
   b.) Enter EDIT MODE
   c.) Select vertice
   d.) Press [START]-button of the script's GUI

 Unfortunatly it seems, that the according methods are only correctly
 working, if EDIT MODE was left after step d.)

 I am not completely sure, whether this is a bug in my script or a
 feature of blender.

 So I am looking for a way to make blender to leave EDIT MODE 8steered
 by the script) and to enter EDIT MODE after the script's work is
 done.

 Condensed this longish mail into two questions:

 1.) How can I detect Blender's moder (EDIT MODE, OBJECT MODE...) via
	 python scripting?

 2.) How can I switch Blender's modes back and forth via python
	 scripting?

 I looked through the API description but found nothing appropiate...

 Thank you very much for any help in advance!

 Keep hacking!
 Meino, the end-user