[Bf-committers] GPL Blender FAQ

Tue, 3 Aug 2004 13:30:06 +0200

Hi,

Is here anyone lurking who likes to help us with a short FAQ aimed at
Blender users related to the GPL license?

Suggestions:

- Can you explain in one simple sentence what artists should know of
GPL?

- What is the benefit for me as an artist of Blender being open source?

- If I make artwork with Blender, is that GPL too?

- Can I spread copies of the blender.org release (binary) without
restrictions?

- Is the .blend file I create my sole property?

- I save a "Runtime" game with Blender. Am I free to define a license
for that created binary?

- Can screenshots of Blender be copyrighted by me?

- And the icons or splashscreen in Blender, is that GPL?

- When I write a Python script for Blender, can I sell that as
proprietary software?

(BTW: I can write the faqs related to using the Blender logo.)

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org