[Bf-committers] More scripts

Willian Padovani Germano bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 11:45:19 -0300

Hi Matt,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Ebb" <matt@mke3.net>
To: <bf-committers@blender.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2004 11:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Bf-committers] More scripts

> They sound really good, but I can't get any of them to work with curves
> saved by Illustrator, that is savign as native Illustrator .ai (I've
> tried multiple old versions too), saving as SVG, and saving as EPS
> (multiple old versions). Perhaps it would be better to wait until these
> scripts are more mature?

Yes, I considered this.  They are not general enough yet, but even in their
early state they must of course handle well what JMS says they work with, so
I'll make sure we know the limitations and test them.  I'm helping JMS a
little and could confirm the gimp 1.0 - 1.2.5 one already works.  Could you
send me sample files that do not work?

> I believe there are advantages to actually listing the formats
> available in the menu, as they are now, though, so people can browse
> through and see what Blender is capable of importing.

The menu entry will be like: Paths (.svg, .ps, .eps, .ai, Gimp) and then the
submenu will list the choices once entry is clicked.  The tooltip will warn
that it's early code (experimental).

--
Willian, wgermano@ig.com.br