[Bf-committers] More scripts

Willian Padovani Germano bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 1 Aug 2004 21:38:01 -0300

Hi,

Ton ok'ed the addition of new scripts we've been offered, but told me I
should talk to you guys via the list, too.  Among the new ones  -- see below
for the others -- there are 4 path formats importers by Jean-Michel Soler
(jms): Adobe Illustrator .ai, Postscript .ps/.eps, Gimp 1.2.5 and SVG paths
(Gimp 2.0).

I'm aiming to add them not later than Tuesday.  Sorry for breaking the
freeze, but hopefully you agree that it's for a good reason.

--
Willian, wgermano@ig.com.br

-- more info for those interested:

The win installer file 00.blender.nsi seems simple enough to update myself
(asm?! :).  If no one complains, I'll give it a careful try.
00.sconsblender.nsi is different, no scripts mentioned there, only the dir.
And for bpydata only the readme.txt is mentioned.  I'll leave it as it is.

The path import scripts are new, will be improved, but are good enough to
include already.  Since they are all related I suggested jms could make them
as module(s) and add all under a single menu entry, "Paths", for example.
Then a submenu pops up with the rest of the choices.

Jms is making the needed changes to the scripts, should be ready tomorrow.
There's also another good script from Campbell Barton (mesh simplifier /
cleaner) and one from xand (A Vanpoucke), for aligning meshes to an active
object: "it's usefull to align the axis of a mesh with the axis of his
skeleton".  And that one suggested by Martin and written by jms: texture
baker, http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28295 .

He and z3r0 d are working on similar scripts, when it settles down after
2.34, we can have good things from both merged, naturally.

Note: for 2.34 we made a first test and accepted scripts offered at the
bpython mlist mostly.  The process will become widespread and organized,
with guidelines, more people involved, etc.