[Bf-committers] Re: Linux + Blender faq

Sun, 1 Aug 2004 20:11:22 +0200

Hi,

Performance benefit of proprietary drivers is just a generalization. It =20=

is not always the fps that counts, but also other quality issues can be =20=

there. In the past we did have *loads* of troubles with proprietary =20
drivers, don't forget that.

It would be sufficient to inform users that we support for Blender both =20=

drivers, and that proprietary drivers might give a speed benefit. You =20=

can also forward them to the opengl database we have on our site, there =20=

they can read field reports on performance of Blender with the various =20=

configurations.
http://blender.org/modules/gfxdatabase/

-Ton-

--