[Bf-committers] Python scripts for inclussion with 2.33

Willian Padovani Germano bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 22:11:26 -0300

Hi Juan,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Juan J. Pena Mena" <jjulio.pena@codetel.net.do>
To: <bf-committers@blender.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 4:17 PM
Subject: [Bf-committers] Python scripts for inclussion with 2.33

> http://www.redrival.com/scorpius/blender-plugins.htm
>
> Are these I/O scrips going to be shipped with 2.33 ?
>
> Scorpion posted them some time ago on Elysiun, and I must say that they
> are real neck savers.

Probably not, sorry.  We're just changing to Python 2.3 and adding more modules
to Blender win so most scripts will run without full Python installs, but it's
too close to a release to be able to communicate with script authors (though as
you know Scorpius himself already contribute many scripts to the bundled list),
test scripts, see which modules they include - we shouldn't add scripts to
Blender that would require full Python installs on systems where Python isn't a
standard component.

Once we're past this release we can organise better and include more / updated
scripts for the next version, be it 2.33a (?) or 2.34.  And find a place and
ways to automate this process.

--
Willian, wgermano@ig.com.br