[Bf-committers] Fwd: Linux Installer for Blender

bf-committers@blender.org bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:54:06 -0500

I agree, the perfect linux installer in my opinion would install the
binary into a directory of your choosing and put an icon on the
desktop. Nothing else really needs to be done. Maybe some dependency
checking external dependencies. Anything else is overkill in my
opinion. We don't need to contribute to someones already tangled
directory structure. for that matter its just about the perfect
Windows installer too.