[Bf-committers] Pop-up menus

john tuffen bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:03:43 +0100

Ok, if it's going to be part of a larger Blender re-write, I'll stop looking
at trying to fix the Radeon problems I have... I'll be happy to help - I'll
try and pop over to IRC this evening maybe.

I now have all the buttons drawing to the back buffer, and the only things
that don't display are pop-ups (menus or tooltips). I still need to address
the B-select and 'render-progress' text which are drawn into the front buffer
(the B-select is a particular problem as there is a massive lag due to the
text being drawn to the front-buffer). Rendering (F12) takes a long time due
to the 'render-progress' text which is displayed top-right of the main window
(standard Blender takes 1.2 seconds on my machine to render the default scene -
 1 cube, 1 lamp, 1 camera - whilst my 'optimised' version (drawing text to
back buffer, doing swap-buffer) takes 0.2 seconds to do the same thing!)

If there's anything else in this area I could be usefully doing, let me know :)

john..

--
http://www.minimism.com/