[Bf-committers] Pop-up menus

Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:53:32 +0200

Hi,

On our irc channel I went with Daniel over possible strategies to
review the swapbuffers method as used in Blender. Most likely we'll
find a system that:

- not uses any frontbuffer drawing or reading
- will preserve a fixed updated backbuffer always
- not call a system swapbuffer, unless that is guarenteed a _copy_ of
back to front buffer
   (the latter is true for OSX, and for several recent 3d cards
- find good cross platform code (or extension calls) that provide a
partial window copy, this to copy headers, buttons, menus or single
sub-windows to front in Blender

With all different kinds of graphics systems, still not an easy task to
accomplish. It's being evaluated still, feedback/research on what a
fast & simple & compliant copybuffers would be still welcome.

It's also quite a rewrite for Blender, so something to carefully
coordinate. :)

-Ton-