[Bf-committers] GUI menu locked in window

trip bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:56:38 -0400

All of which sounds great!  And should be added.

My goal is to create an interface that will keep a lot of runaways to
stay a little bit longer. As out lined by this post that eventually
went in to a crap fight, but the begging of it seemed to have some good
outlines of what outsiders think. ANd what still keeps them away.
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?
s=&threadid=139661&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

The different window panes and divisions are a great tool for stream
lining the interface and then using the short cut to hide all other
windows and just work in one full screen window is a great asset to
have as it stands. My idea is just to get the buttons that are just
needed for a constant tack or group of tasks into plain view grouped
together and to disperse with the other buttons that are not needed.

I will work on mock ups.

My current question is. Where is the code that locks a window into a
window pane? The transform pane is the same window type as the IPO N
key. So they should be able to move around into each others window pane
for example, instead of being locked in their own window . While that
is a silly idea, it just apart of this idea. The real meat of the idea
is to have ALL menu groups to be able to freely  hop into each others
windows.

The next idea is the hard one. To be able to have a new GUI window pane
that will let you create and assign a button to a to your custom
button. So a truly custom menu could be created for supreme speed work
flow. The buttons would just be stock buttons or a simple draw button
thing.

Another idea is taken from an out side source. To be able to just
physically drag a button out and onto a menu group. This would not let
you determine the size of the button but it would give the power of
custom.

The one and exact reason for all of this is to attract more coders into
the coder base. I am trying to find an answer to the massive amount of
feature requests that are made and dreamed upon but never created.

My other project of Bounty is in the works still. And it is another
idea that complements this.