[Bf-committers] Pop-up menus

john tuffen bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:11:10 +0100

(This is probably a question more for Martin, but anyway...)

I'm going over the UI code at the moment (interface*.c etc.) to remove writes
to the front buffer (since this is the thing which seems to slow down the ATI
Radeon). I coded a quick hacky fix where I called "myswapbuffers()" at
appropriate places in order to display pop-ups, tooltips etc. Unfortunately,
this causes the screen to flash horribly in certain cases (On my Radeon, when
in Vertex paint mode; on an Intel integrated-graphics chipset, the screen
flickers at every opportunity!).

Anyway, I have taken out the calls to myswapbuffers and made a few other
changes and now the buttons do the right thing when pressed/hovered over, but
I can't figure out how to get pop-ups/tooltips to display... Anybody got any
hints? I could wade through the code I guess, but it might be quicker just to
ask!!

Thanks,

john..

--
7" single out now on iwari.com - namke communications: ice-9/salo
http://www.iwari.com/