[Bf-committers] CVS Compilation under VS.net 2003

Nicolas Cannasse bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:15:52 +0200

> Which C++ library?  STL is already included and the game engine makes
> extensive use of it.
>
> Kester
>
> On Friday 23 April 2004 01:32, Nicolas Cannasse wrote:
> > There is several std:: calls that can easily be replaced (two std::swap
and
> > one std::copy). They are forcing the include of some C++ library that is
> > not compatible with the one used by other projects and araise conflicts
> > when linking. In general, avoiding std:: calls is good porting practice
> > since the MS STL is not really compliant.

I'm not really sure since I'm not expert in C++ libs tricks.
The only things I can tell :
- when I linked, there was a conflict about Mutex::Lock between an MS lib
(libcmtd.lib or something like that) and PHY_Sumo/SM_Object.cpp
- I looked at the sources and there was no Mutex::Lock so I assumed there
were imported as the same time as std:: namespace
- I replaced the 3 calls to std:: by C ANSI calls ( one memcpy and 2 manual
pointer swaps ) and it worked.

Regards,
Nicolas Cannasse