[Bf-committers] Meeting minutes april 18th + release schedule

Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:56:02 +0200

Hi all!

Apart from discussing meetings (Amsterdam, and possibly worldwide) we
spent most of the meeting on the 2.33 release.
The outcome of the discussion is below.

- Tracker
Compliments for everyone of hunting so many bugs! Tracker is down to a
low 30 now, with half of them pending reports for more feedback.
GuitarGeek mentioned he can't do the Yafray exporting bugs easily, and
has to wait for help (or time). Most likely won't make it for release.

- Game engine
Still reports on low performance of collision detection, compared to
the 2.25 release.
There are some reports on broken sensors as well. Please tell people to
move that to the tracker!
Review of engine fitness in our team lacks experience with it... only
existing demos are tested. Handing out testing builds now is important,
and advertise in forums and irc channels we like feedback.

- Linux Python error
Michel mentioned showstopper bug in new Math module for Blender, also
related to migration to 2.3.x python. Both Michel and IanWill seem to
have located the error, and are confident it'll be fixed in a week.

- New 'readme' for release
IanWill wrote a more elaborate html page to include in releases,
especially as survival document for new users. Ton will review and put
in CVS.

- Object flips
Theeth works on an object mode mirror function to replace the ackward
scale by -1 trick. He's not sure yet if it makes it soon.

-> Release Schedule

- For this week, CVS is only open for pending work on current projects,
no major new improvements (with testing risks) will be committed.
- Testing builds should be uploaded to the blender.org test-build forum.
- We verify this week with Kester if he feels comfortable with a 2.33
engine release
- We need a new 2.33 splash! Volunteers?
- Ton coordinates release log, anyone interested in doing a nice page
on new textures?
- Next sunday we decide if we do a final CVS freeze and work towards
releasing 2.33 three or four days after.

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org