[Bf-committers] Patch for removing streamGlue sniffing

Nathan Letwory bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:41:36 +0300

I have uploaded a rather big patch to my server and is available from:
http://www.jester-depot.net/downloads/remove_glue_part5.patch (part5,
since it was the fifth trial of cleaning the patch/code)

The patch is part of removing the streamGlue stuff
(read/writestreamglue), and with it the upcoming demise of inflate,
deflate, sign,  decrypt, encrypt and writeblenfile (yes, I'm feeling
genocidic today :)

I have tested it sofar only with SCons, I heard the little birds on IRC
sing that makefiles does it almost automagically, but when you start
testing this patch, please beware of any anomalities.

To make sure the buildprocess goes fine for SConsers, copy
BLO_sys_types.h from  source/blender/readstreamglue to
source/blender/blenloader (in source/blender/quicktime change include
from readstreamglue to blenloader for BLO_sys_types.h)

 From the SConstruct remove the libraries for read/writestreaglue,
inflate, deflate, etc (the aforementioned ones).

If you want to test runtime writing and reading, but you don't have a
blenderplayer(.exe/.app) handy, you can always copy some other (small)
file and rename it to blenderplayer(.exe/.app). It doesn't change the
reading/writing of a runtime, but of course, the runtime is not a real
runtime ;)

I have tested this with all files I had available, and they all loaded
and saved fine (the 225 gamedemos, secoac testfiles and a variety of
homemade blends + some other downloaded .blends).

I tried to test as much functionality as I possible could come up with,
but please do some more testing, as I probably have missed something.

/Nathan