[Bf-committers] OOPs Wishlist

Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:30:04 +0200

Hi,

I agree the Oops system is lacking a lot of functionality.
There are issues with the display as well, where the blocks just show
up quite unarranged. The first idea I had - storing fixed locations for
oops-blocks - might have been a wrong choice, since it is just too much
work creating a nice diagram manually.

Would be interesting to explore means of automatically generating fixed
structures instead, which provide easier searching and locating of data.

Next thing then to work on is indeed being able to manually assign
relationships. This not only for parenting, but could work for Meshes,
Materials, etc. as well.
The buttons UI code (interface.c) has an example for linking/unlinking
code. You might want to check this out (copy code and reuse?).

> more display information for each oops object (tooltip?)

What kind of info?

> creating objects and automatically setting the buttons window to the
> appropriate view to edit said object

Not sure what the use is here... what 3d location objects will be added
then?

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org