[Bf-committers] Meeting minutes march 28 2004

Sun, 4 Apr 2004 13:44:42 +0200

Hi,

Note: daylight saving messes with it our schedule! Please check what
time GMT 14 is in your local time.

1. Makefiles, project files, scons

- Still a problem that we don't have someone compiling MSVC7 Pro (with
optimizing).
- Makefiles still need further work for game engine
- The extern libs solid and qhull will be moved to lib/ only. We won't
remove it from extern for the time being though (at lest until 2.33 is
out).
   Platform managers: please commit these libs (binaries, .h files)
there.
- Ftgl belongs in extern/ too, for at least until the ftgl coder adds
decent color support.
- Michel will post his Scons todo list here!

2. Game engine

- a review was done by those who managed to get it compiling. Still
will need more tests!
- there are unsolved performance issues still (just now confirmed on
OSX)
- the old NaN demo files are public now:
   http://download.blender.org/demo/test/225_game_demos.zip

3. Projects status

- Willian will coordinate the move to Python 2.3.3. Including review of
standard included modules.
- Joseph has put in new Python modules
- Noise and Ambient Occlusion patches will be committed by Ton,
including the new Python noise module
- new particles stuff (in tuhopuu now) won't be 2.33 release target
- Blendix will commit new UV tools. He's been appointed owner for it
now and gets cvs access.
- Theeth will look at adding 'slow parent' style of Constraint

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org