[Bf-committers] Support for python export scripts

Willian Padovani Germano bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 02:58:01 -0300

Hi Ton,

> I get a support mail in for the directx exporter, and have no clue how
> to answer that.

Scripts usually include their author's email plus some help text.  And
the Python & Plugins forum at elysiun is where scripts are usually
announced / discussed.

We still have "integration" work to do, adding those scripts was really
only a start.

> Python team: something to put in our nice CMS soon?

Yes, surely, but I guess it'd also be necessary to ship some info with
Blender itself.  As far as I know, besides the README text there's no
help file distributed with the binaries.

A "welcome" html (or txt) file would be a good place to put a short
intro, pointers to resources (docs, books, sites, where to get help for
Blender or *for scripts*), install info, perhaps a small faq.

Maybe we can talk a little about this at the next irc meeting.  I'm
willing to help, of course.

--
Willian, wgermano@ig.com.br