[Bf-committers] MacOS Compile Solved - WARNING

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:50:46 -0400

Hey all:

Okay, working with Michael Velanjke (sp?) I figured out what the
problem has been with my compiling on OS X.

This may be old news, but it's important to me: Blender will not
compile under gcc 3.3, but does just fine under 3.1.

Why is this important to me?

When Apple ships the G5 Macintosh with OS 10.3, the only dev tools
which will compile for that machine will be the latest version: gcc 3.3
with Apple's extensions for G5 compatibility.

Right now, due to problems in the way QuickTime is handled in Blender's
source, it will NOT compile under gcc3.3.

If I'm crying wolf, please let me know... but as far as I can tell this
will be a problem we have to fix at some point.

Thanks for the help,

-Bischofftep