[Bf-committers] Release managers AHOY!

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:46:22 -0400

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 09:32 AM, LarstiQ wrote:

> Do I understand that correctly, you are trying to compile blender on a
> G5? I don't think there should be distinctions between G3/G4/G5 in the
> setup, but Apple might have done something with gcc, no idea yet.

No, I wish. :-) My question is that ever since upgrading to QuickTime
6.3, OS X 10.2.6, and the latest Dev tools (not sure the version
number) I have been unable to compile Blender without setting
WITH_QUICKTIME to false. There is a conflict in the definition of "ID"
which appeared in AIFF.h. Was it there before? I don't know. But the
conflict is new.

My concern is that if it ISN'T something I'm doing wrong (which is
quite possible) then the new machines will ship with the latest OS,
latest QuickTime, and only the latest dev tools will be available...
and Blender will not compile. Just trying to make sure it isn't just
me. :-)

Hos has been very helpful, but as he's not developing on a Mac he can't
test potential solutions.

-Bish