[Bf-committers] Empowerment!

Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:42:10 +0200

Hi,

I recently notice I'm sometimes more blocking development, than
enabling it... this because I consider myself too much 'owner' of most
Blender modules. I just don't have the time for all of it. :)

For Python, Armatures, NLA, Constraints, MBall, Seq Edit, Ghost, Audio,
Quicktime, ... we have 'module owners' who can operate pretty
independent.
For a Blender 2.3->2.5 roadmap it would be efficient when we can define
more owners or groups who work on specific Blender parts. This can of
course be done in conjunction with the funboard group. But a 'module
owner' group at least should have 1 coder in it who feels responsible
to actively maintain it.

Recent popular topics include:
- Mesh modeling (tools, selection, drawing types)
- Object editing (transform, selection, drawing types)

Based at recent active work, I would think Theeth, Intrr and Goofster
might be interested o be empowered more... is that correct?

It's not my purpose to force people into roles. This can remain being a
natural flow, with developers being assinged to tasks they've shown to
be interested in and competent for. Just let's be aware all of us (me
too!) that at a certain moment, things work more efficiently when we
define exact roles of people.

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org