[Bf-committers] release...!

Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:10:04 +0200

Hi,

Apart from a UI discussion, and review of Michels paper, we spent most
time yesterday on discussing the pros and cons of doing a 2.29.

Planning a full release now is something everyone had doubts about. We
agreed to work with clear targets for a release, and although they were
mapped out, it doesn't look like we can finish all of that very soon.
Reasonable would be to expect 2-3 weeks for it.
That makes it come to close to the projected 2.3 deadline, end of
october.

Another topic is that I want to start committing new UI stuff really
soon. This is something more people have to work at, better to start
with that next week.

Here's what we've agreed on now:

- we don't make an official 2.29, but compile a snapshot. We can just
call it 'upgrade' or 2.28c. It will become available for test at
download.blender.org, and announced at the forums and an article.
- I will look work with intrr to get his envmap patch committed, I have
the code here already
- Apart from this, and from major bugs people need to commit, CVS is
frozen now.
- I aim at tomorrow for committing the envmap code. Then the platform
managers can checkout and compile a binary
- when all binaries are ready (thursday?), CVS is open again for all
projects as described in the roadmap for 2.30.

Platform managers; please verify if this is possible?

Thanks!

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org