[Bf-committers] Long plugin path problem

Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:51:50 +0200

Hi,

Although not all blender code has been adapted for it, our standard is:

../blenlib/intern/util.c:#define FILE_MAXDIR  160
../blenlib/intern/util.c:#define FILE_MAXFILE 80

The total filename+path therefore is 240 max. The define is a bit
confusing here... 'file' is the actual file name, not its entire path.

Since the DNA code in Blender doesn't read #defines, you'll have to
hardcode the string array lengths in it; in this case 240 chars minium,
for paranoia safety reasons it is set at 256 in many cases.

The two .h files related to plugins have now:
DNA_texture_types.h: 160 chars
DNA_sequence_types.h 80 chars

Bad bad! :)

Although I 99.99% sure know that goes well, I hesitate to change this
in the code without a test. No time for me to do it now. Another reason
for it you'll read in a next mail I'll send.
What I just did was increasing the texture plugin path button max size
to 160.

-Ton-