[Bf-committers] WIndows Nvidia/ATI coders!

Robert Wenzlaff bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 07:29:37 -0400

On Sunday 21 September 2003 11:34 pm, tdyar@mit.edu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I don't know if I found the bug Ton referred to, but I found something
> weird on my win2k machine running a debug tuhopuu2 from visual c++ 6. With
> a very big test scene consisting of 1201 UVSpheres (2064744 Vertices,
> 2128896 Faces), a render eventually crashes every time. Others may be able
> to reproduce this on other platforms by making such a huge scene
> (SHIFTKEY+D) of the same object, so that the internal Blender limits are
> reached. My objects were UVSpheres, so maybe that had something to do with
> it.

There's code in tuhopuu being tested now that dynamically allocates the
R.blove and related structures and takes the MAXVERT, MAXFACE, and MAXLAMP
limits out completely.   So you may not want to spend a lot of time on this.
If the source code is of any help to a cracker in decrypting
 a data stream, then the binary wasn't particularly helpful
           to the user when encrypting it.
Robert Wenzlaff                  rwenzlaff@soylent-green.com