[Bf-committers] 2.29 release

Sat, 20 Sep 2003 12:54:16 +0200

Hi all,

I am gathering energy to do quite some coding for 2.3, especially to
put all the basic changes in place which allows everyone to assist on
the real work; rewording uiButton calls, regrouping them, moving them,
etc.

My main concern is that when I start working on this, Blender will be
hardly functional for a while. I prefer to do this a.s.a.p. But can't
start working on this until a 2.29 is out.

So; either we drop 2.29, or publish a quick 'test release' to please
our audience. I prefer the latter, but without the Python UI stuff,
since that's better to integrate with 2.30.

As far as I can oversee now, nothing radical is in the current cvs that
require careful testing. The feedback I got on Radio-render didn't show
other problems than a few minor UI issues. Improvement of radio-render
can simply be in the release path after 2.30 is out.

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org