[Bf-committers] meeting minutes sept 14

Sat, 20 Sep 2003 12:31:57 +0200

Hi all,

irc.freenode.net, #blendercoders, 16-18h CEST

Here a quick overview of discussions/decisions of past week's meeting:

1. Status of 2.29 developmemt

- recusursive envmap rendering
Intrr still has to make a couple of minor changes, and then can commit
it.

- Python UI integration
Guignot has a proposal, and will mail that to committers list. He has
popup-windows working. Ton notes that this might better wait for 2.3
makeover to be finished. Further discussion via mailing list.

- Faceloop/Edgeloop
Intrr's proposal for selecting a loop of edges can be committed.
Goofster has a loop 'cutting' tool, which subdivides a ring of selected
faces in the direction of the loop.

- Knife 'cursor'
DetectiveThorn has a common function which can be used for tools which
need a line as input (for cutting for example). We'll need a nice
cursor for this as well.

- Constraints
Theeth still works on 'Follow Path'. The 'Lock Track' is finished
though.
(Remark Ton: can we get a functional description of this? It's
important for release notes and the documentation project.)

2. 2.29 release planning
Most people are concerned a 2.29 release will be too close to a 2.3,
especially when 2.30 is out before Conference. If we even make that.
(Yes I like optimistic deadlines!)
I will email a separate discussion topic to the maillist about it. Next
sunday meeting we can look at this further.

I will today work at an overview of all UI discussions, and proposal
for what we'll do for 2.3 and further. To be expected at the site
before next meeting too!

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org