[Bf-committers] features! features! get your juicy little features!

Roel Spruit bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 12:26:25 +0200

damnit! I could've sworn it was seperate.....
This should teach me to doubt you o mighty master of spelling! :D

Roel

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: bf-committers-admin@blender.org
[mailto:bf-committers-admin@blender.org]Namens Ton Roosendaal
Verzonden: zaterdag 20 september 2003 12:17
Aan: bf-committers@blender.org
Onderwerp: Re: [Bf-committers] features! features! get your juicy little
features!

Hi Goof,

> 1) Seperate unconnected:
> 	I made a menu for p key (I know, I know, extra clicking) where you can
> seperate an object based on "loose" or
> 	"unconnected" objects that it contains.
> 	there was some discussion about where to place this feature, because
> making
> all hotkeys into a menu is not the way to go.
> 	maybe the new gui will bring the solution.

The current Pkey tool already gives an 'OK' menu. So your patch won't
be an extra click. For the UI make-over it can be included in a
pulldown as well.

Proposed changes:

event = pupmenu("Seperate %t|Selected%x1|Unconnected Objects%x2");
into:
event = pupmenu("Separate %t|Selected%x1|All loose parts%x2");

(Discussions on wording of this can stop now!)

Also; it is separate, not seperate! Change the function name too!
Further I'm fine with it, commit & go.

> 2) get faces with same uv-image
> 	this feature (located under the special (wkey) menu in facemode)
> selects
> all faces that have the same uv-image as the active face.
> 	especially handy when you want to re-map 1 image and don't want to
> select
> all faces that have this image.
>
> #1 can wait till the new gui, I myself don't see a reason why #2 can't
> be
> included....but it's all up to you!

Approved!

Sorry for forcing decisions here... but to be able to move on, I'll
have to act as 'module owner' for all Blender parts not covered yet. :)

-Ton-