[Bf-committers] Blender 2.5+ Roadmap (Proposal)

Tomas Golembiovsky bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 09:47:58 +0200

Michel Selten wrote:

> * General concept
>   Unfortunately, XPCOM has no C bindings. So we have to drop this ... for now.
Why? When moving parts of the code into separate plugins they can
by modified to C++ during that operation. It's not so difficult to
change code from C to C++, it's more difficult to do it in opposite
direction. Or am I wrong? Are some compilers so strict about that?

> * Speed issues
>   By default, there will only be an icon and/or label.
And what about tooltip?

> * Plan of attack
>      These files must be installed on the system as simple as possible for the user.
Don't see any problems with this under Windows.

And finaly I must praise you. *Very good work*. Blender rely needs this.

Stephane SOPPERA wrote:

> size of files could also be a problem.
OpenOffice.org uses ZIP compression for its files (SXW,SXC,SXD,...).
It makes all XML files to be in one file and even makes them smaller.
Maybe we could use some compression too.

--

Tomas Golembiovsky

WEB: nyoxi.mysteria.cz
ICQ: 346980487

Absolute Principal

Beauty is only skin deep, ugly goes to the bone.