[Bf-committers] Python Curve API.

Robert Wenzlaff bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:42:51 -0400

On Wednesday 17 September 2003 05:22 am, Stephen Swaney wrote:

>> scene.update(0) doesn't update them, and scene.update(1) crashes.

>I don't see this behavior.  My guess is that you are calling
>setControlPoint() with out of range parameters trying to add
>new points.  This trashes the data structures and causes a segfault.
>The setControlPoint call only modifies an existing point.

I only tried to set 1 cp, and it was returned with getControlPoint()

> I agree that a list of lists interface is 'nicer'.  Just for reference,
> a bezier curve control point is 9 values - 3 sets of x,y,z coordinates.
> A nurb control point is 4 values - a single x,y,z,w point.  Maybe the
> bezier control points should be accessed as a list of bezier triples?

Since they show the same behavior as IPO curves, I guess that would be
a good way.

> I have posted a msg to the python list describing where I think the
> Curve API is headed.  Comments are welcome.

Thank you for the update.
"And so the dwarves refused to share any of Smaug's
treasure with the elves.  Which worked out well for
the elves, since by forcing them to concentrate on
their other skills, the elves now control a major
  portion of the international baking industry."
Robert Wenzlaff         rwenzlaff@soylent-green.com