[Bf-committers] Re: KnifeSubdivide and turning corners...

Robert Wenzlaff bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 07:32:15 -0400

On Wednesday Ton wrote:
> I wouldn't disable gestures, but instead make it like a tool... invoked
> with a hotkey. Looks like you already reserved 'K' for it. Then there's
> no need for a G.f hack. We could think of a 'knife' cursor or so to
> indicate it.

I think you missed my point.  After hitting K the first time, while you are
drawing the trail, sometimes a gesture interpretation slips in.  It's not
often, and I might be halucinating it (forget to hit "K" and think the normal
mouse trail is the "k" trail).  I have calls to event=extern_qread() and
getmouseco_areawin() in the loop to detect ESC, the second KKEY, and read the
mouse.  I think the gestures() slip in through there somehow.

I'll take the G.flag hack out, and see if that actually did anything,
though...

As far as changing the behaviour of subdivideflag(), should we just change it,
or make it an option? I doubt you'll find anyone who will stand up and say
"Hey I like the triangles...".

And currently, I'm calling addvlaklist() directly using the
EditEdge->EditVerts, instead of calling addvlak_subdiv().  Is there an
advantage to the latter, and can I count on the EditVlak->EditVerts being in
a particular order (ie; is edvl->e1 made of edvl->v1 and edvl->v2, and
edvl->e2 made of edvl->v2 and edvl->v3)?  I could eliminate a bit of the
sorting I do if this were always true.
New parents can never have enough child  psychology books.

     It will be 4-5 years before the child can
      reach the bathroom faucet without them.
Robert Wenzlaff                rwenzlaff@soylent=green.com