[Bf-committers] Help Moving Code: QT

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 14:49:54 -0400

Hello, all:

Okay, I've tried to do this myself and have not had any success.
Something has changed with the latest Apple system update for MacOS X
10.2.6 that now causes a conflict to come up when trying to compile
creator.c with Quicktime enabled.

The problem is in the code in creator.c that initializes Quicktime. In
particular, including the header file "movie.h" defines a duplicate
instance of the struct "ID" from makesDNA.

The solution, aside from disabling Quicktime with WITH_QUICKTIME=false,
is apparently to move the initializing code (and thus the need for the
movie.h include) from creator.c to somewhere in the imbuf code.

But where?

I'm not sure how to proceed with this, and the experts I was pointed to
don't have time to work on this. Seems relatively straightforward, but
I haven't had any luck with moving it to various areas.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

-Bischofftep