[Bf-committers] KnifeSubdivide and turning corners...

Tue, 9 Sep 2003 17:33:36 +0200

Hi,

> The flaw is, I need to disable gestures while the trail is drawn.   My
> first
> thought was to make a G.flag value that bypassed calls to gesture().
> It
> dosn't seem to quite work, maybe I missed one...  I'll look more
> later, but
> any hints are appreciated.

I wouldn't disable gestures, but instead make it like a tool... invoked
with a hotkey. Looks like you already reserved 'K' for it. Then there's
no need for a G.f hack. We could think of a 'knife' cursor or so to
indicate it.

> The anoyance is that when turning corners, it creates 4 tris.
> If the new
> diagonal between the subdivided edges were also subdivided (like both
> new
> edges in a quad divided in 4), this could be filled with 3 quads
> instead.   I
> was looking at the code in subdivideflag() and had it working for 1 of
> the 4
> cases (edges 1 and 4 have new verts)  but I wasn't sure if my method
> was
> safe.  Can I rely on the edges being in sequential order, so that
> edge1 is
> always next to edge2?

Yes, if you mean the edge pointers an an "EditVlak".

>  Or do I need a new method before moving on to the
> other 3 cases?

Dunno... its very very tricky precise code. Go in trance, meditatate a
while, and then attack the code!

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org