[Bf-committers] Hi and some code (Vertex Groups)

Martin bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 19:04:19 +0100

Just to introduce myself - I'm Martin, in the UK, with fairly limited
experience of coding, but very keen to contribute whatever I can to Blender.

That out of the way, I've posted a couple of snippets in the forums.  Shall
I repost them here?

1)    Bug fix to vertex group selection.  When selecting by pressing
'Select', the count of selected vertices does not change.  This is a really
simple fix, possibly with a performance impact.

2)    Minor enhancement.  New button labelled 'Unassigned' to set to
selected state all vertices which are either not in any vertex group or have
a combined weight of less than some (small) epsilon.

I've also been able to compile Blender and BlenderPlayer under Microsoft
Visual C.net (MSVC7 for short).  I know Linux/OSX is stringly supported, and
thought I could help with this.

I'll do a separate note describing the compilation in detail.

If you want me to post the code changes here, I'm afraid I can't supply a
diff listing as I don't have Cygwin or similar installed.  But it's only a
few lines, honest.

Martin

Oh, is anyone interested in an 'inflate' feature?  I would like to try
expanding a mesh by moving selected vertices out along their normals.
Scaling doesn't do quite what I want.