[Bf-committers] Integration of scripts in the UI

Nathan Vegdahl bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 11:58:42 -0700 (PDT)

> My experience learnt me to always choose for the simplest monkeyest
> proof solution, which includes only requirements you really know you
> need. Growing pains always will happen, no matter how smart you think
> you can predict a future.

   I don't really understand most of the discussion (I don't know much about UI
programming), but I would like to respond to the above statement.  When you say
"the simplest monkeyest proof solution" it sounds like your talking about a
quick hack.  I think that quick hacks, for anything other than a purely
temporary solution, are very bad for the overall code.  The state of Blender's
source code when it was first released (and even now) is evidence of that.  It
makes for very dirty code, with difficult to understand (and inconsistant)
structures and architecture.
   I think that implimenting sensible underlying structure is very important,
though it sometimes requires rewriting a good deal of code.

--Nathan "Cessen: Vegdahl