[Bf-committers] Re: Re: Patch to fix aliasing problems.

Robert Wenzlaff bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 05:24:05 -0400

On Saturday 30 August 2003 06:00 am, bf-committers-request@blender.org wrote:
> Robert,
>
> Great! I tried out your testing blend file, and tried a few of
> my own, and it shows the difference *greatly*. With your
> patch rendering is vastly improved on edges there.
>
> Am I right that this is only needed for Unified Render?
>
> Dan

The old renderer appears to use shorts for the color data, and the clipping is
aready there to prevent an overflow.
If the source code is of any help to a cracker in decrypting
 a data stream, then the binary wasn't particularly helpful
           to the user when encrypting it.
Robert Wenzlaff                  rwenzlaff@soylent-green.com