[Bf-committers] Re: Compiling blender on OS X 10.3

Charles Wardlaw bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 06:38:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Out of curiosity, does adding the G5 flags cause the compiler to
generate 64-bit code, or just 32-bit code optimised for the G5?

And as I'm running on a G3 iBook here, I would like to say that code
optimised for a G4 *does* tend to run slower on the G3.  Games are
extremely notorious for this.  I know this is asking a bit much, but it
might be nice to have separate versions for separate compilers, not
unlike Peak.

- Charles