[Bf-committers] And the nominees are...

John K. Walton bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:16:11 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Stephen Swaney wrote:

> "John K. Walton" wrote:
> >
> > i know you wait for ton's response. but, the MAX listed was 5.
> > that doesn't mean you weren't nominated. for instance, who I
> > nominated didn't appear on the list either :-) I think everyone
> > has done very fine work! and proud of all!
>
> This is a problem I have with the whole awards thing.
> A pile of people have contributed to Blender this
> year.  I have trouble singling out just one candidate.

i look at it this way: everyone did a great job from start
to finish. ok? this is a fun way to give fun monkey award
(that was fun making, but heart break when they broke) to
a couple of people. the point is to have fun, and celebrate
everyone's contribution by BEING ABLE to give an award to
few people.

> Maybe we could bestow a Hero of the Blender Revolution
> medal on everyone who got more than a couple of votes.

my medal is: i still have a blender to use (although i never
have any time to actually use it, only support it, poor me!
:).