[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: Loop selection

Roel Spruit bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 14:19:25 +0200

Sorry, I may have sounded a little more sarcastic than I hoped :)

It IS possible to decide if an edge belongs to another selected face.
If someone would implement it this way, he would run into a whole
bunch of other "what-if's".

I don't know if it's wise to bother the user with popups asking
him what he wants to deselect and how he wants to deselect it...

so! my final say on this:

1) shift-like behaviour COULD be programmed (difficult)
2) it is questionable if it could be as predictable as
   shift with vertex-select.
3) I'm not programming it because I think it is not usefull
   if anyone else thinks it is, and it is needed, be my guest :)

One thing is for sure, blender's mesh structure is not made for stuff
like this :)

Roel