[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: Loop selection

ilac bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:21:30 +0200

I've complained about this several, several (well, ok just 3  ;o) )
occasions on elysiun and never got a direct reply (except Martin letting me
know it was pointed out to Roel)

Why the insistance on using the SHIFT key (Shift-R) for loop select? Shift
is an add-to modifier key for selections. It would make sense to use shift
to add/Remove more loops to the selection. Experimenting in Tuhopuu is fine
coz that's what it's there for but now it's been commited to the official
tree too...

Could we please have an alternative hotkey before the official release. (If
you need an alternative, how about 'J'. It isn't used in Edit mode afaik.
That gives you
J = select loop,
CTRLJ = cut and
ShiftJ = add/remove loops even with other selections already present.

Or use 'K'.
K = brings up the knife menu,
Ctrl-K = loop cut,
Alt K = loop select,
Alt Shift K  = add/remove.

Though it might make more more sense to make K = loop select, and Alt K =
knife menu, so as to avoid a 3 key hotkey for the add/remove as now that
becomes shift K instead of Shift Alt K)

I'm really sorry to be complaining, I really love the loop select and cut
tools (Thanks Roel! :o) ) But using shift here doesn't seem in any way
logical to me!

Thanks!

Regards
Fabrizio