[Bf-committers] linking suggestion

bf-committers@blender.org bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:14:38 -0400

While compiling on windows in msvc++ 6 I keep getting these warnings and
errors about the FTF font module. I can live with them but they're kinda
annoying as they pop up under every compile. The problem seems to be that
there are local functions being called as part of a class which no longer
exist (I guess) or are not defined in the class definition, so the compiler
is taking them as a local function declarations.
The Error() call flags an unresolved external linking error under msvc and
needs to be commented out for compilation.
Like I said this is really more of an annoyance than a problem but since
it's a linking error it can't easily be suppressed (like the ~8,500 other
warnings msvc gives during compile :) I don't want to screw with this module
as I don't know enough about the font code, but if someone gets the chance
this would make visual c++ compiles less painful.

--------------------Configuration: blender - Win32
Release--------------------
Linking...
   Creating library ..\..\bin\blender.lib and object ..\..\bin\blender.exp
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: bool __thiscall
FTFont::CharMap(enum FT_Encoding_)"
(?CharMap@FTFont@@QAE_NW4FT_Encoding_@@@Z)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: __thiscall
FTGLPixmapFont::FTGLPixmapFont(char const *)"
(??0FTGLPixmapFont@@QAE@PBD@Z)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: virtual __thiscall
FTGLPixmapFont::~FTGLPixmapFont(void)" (??1FTGLPixmapFont@@UAE@XZ)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: float __thiscall
FTFont::Ascender(void)const " (?Ascender@FTFont@@QBEMXZ)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: float __thiscall
FTFont::Descender(void)const " (?Descender@FTFont@@QBEMXZ)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: float __thiscall
FTFont::Advance(unsigned short const *)" (?Advance@FTFont@@QAEMPBG@Z)"
imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: void __thiscall
FTFont::BBox(unsigned short const *,float &,float &,float &,float &,float
&,float &)" (?BBox@FTFont@@QAEXPBGAAM11111@Z)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol "__iob" imported
FTF_ftfont.lib(FTF_TTFont.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: int __thiscall FTFont::Error(void)const "
(__imp_?Error@FTFont@@QBEHXZ)
..\..\bin\blender.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.