[Bf-committers] freeze on commits in interface.c and buttons code

Sun, 19 Oct 2003 02:15:32 +0200

Hi,

Tomorrow I'll try to finish another reconstruction that's needed, this
to enable a good solid system to draw buttons. I also need to change
the internal 'theme' API a bit.

- calls like BIF_ThemeColor(curarea, TF_GRID) will become simply
BIF_ThemeColor(TF_GRID). I'll make the Blender Window manager automate
such stuff.

- all old calls like:
   uiBlockSetCol(block, BUTPURPLE);
   BIF_set_color(bc, COLORSHADE_MEDIUM);
Will become redundant, and be removed/changed.

- buttons will get automatic color and draw types assigned, with a new
function call to override this for useful exceptions

- I'll make a new API (callback) system for general 'themes' for
button/menu styling

- button drawing code will go to interface_draw.h and get a massive
cleanup

- button definitions will be expanded with 'row' properties, to allow
more advanced drawing of buttons that belong together. API call can be
like:

   uiBlockStartRow(block); (define buttons) uiBlockEndRow();
   uiBlockStartCollumn(block); (define buttons) uiBlockEndRow();

Button 'themes' that don't support it need to be correctly handled.
Have to evaluate it further though..

Anyhoo, a reason for everyone to not add to much new buttons or drawing
styles in Blender for now. If I can't finish it sunday, it'll be
monday... not later!

-Ton-

(BTW: this won't affect creating pulldown menus. So... go ahead!)

http://www.blender.org