[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] ....(knife tool)

Kester Maddock bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:51:46 +1300

I suggested RMB as an exit for these reasons:

1. Enter and KKEY are not touch typeable if you have a mouse in your
right hand.
2. It wasn't doing anything.
3. You still get the option of cancelling.
4. I coded it and liked it for the quick end to the cut process.
5. It remembers whether you did Intersect or 50% cuts last - the work
flow becomes: KKEY, LMB, Drag, RMB, LMB or Flick.  (So you could argue
that it does end with a LMB.)

And the bad points:
It breaks user consistency.

To be really consistent, you would: KKEY, Drag to draw the trail, LMB to
exit/RMB to cancel/Shift LMB to do a point-point line.   You could also
Ctrl-KKEY to start a 50% intersect knife.

Kester