[Bf-committers] Unsigned mem_in_use and totblock.

Robert Wenzlaff bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:13:09 -0400

I've recieved one complaint from a power user that the mem_in_use count starts
going negative after 2.1GB.

Changing lines 107 and 108 in intern/guardedalloc/intern/malocn.c to unsigned
seems to be safe and work, but I don't have a machine with enough mem to
really test it.

Too short to bother with a patch, change:

int totblock= 0;
int mem_in_use= 0;

unsigned int totblock= 0;
unsigned int mem_in_use= 0;

If anyone with a stacked box and a huge scene could give this a test, I'd
appreciate it.   Thanks

This at least gets us to 4.2 GB.  For the future we should think about making
a subcounter that goes to 1024, and store mem_in_use as kB allocated.  4,200
GB sould last us quite a while.
Robert Wenzlaff         rwenzlaff@soylent-green.com