[Bf-committers] Pupmenu conventions. (Was: CVScommit:blender/source/blender/src edit.c)

Robert Wenzlaff bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 12:36:50 -0400

On Sunday 12 October 2003 11:30 am, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You want design rules for adding new items in menus? Here we go:
>
> 1. When the menu itself has been clearly designed and ordered in
> groups; insert it at the end of such a subgroup.

And just live with broken key combos, I guess.

> 2. Consult the person who created the menus if it's OK according to the
> design.

Why should that mater at all?  We aren't coding for the other coders.  We are
coding for the users.  They are the ones complaining (about broken key
combos), not the coder who somehow feels my code doesn't belong near his.

> 3. If in doubt, or want quickly review/test: add to end.

I have no problem with this one,  however the system I suggested makes this
point moot.  Key combo would no longer depend on position.
Robert Wenzlaff       rwenzlaff@soylent-green.com