[Bf-committers] Re: Re: Pupmenu conventions. (Was: CVScommit:blender/source/blender/src edit.c)

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 18:56:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Douglas Bischoff wrote:

> I also understand the "sacred cow" theory of keeping oft-used hotkey
> combinations the same, but using a hot "letter" instead of a
> position-dependent number means that you can reorganize the menu as
> needed to group functionality logically without ever breaking the
> hotkey assignment.

I think the issue is once again misunderstood. It's not good
to _replace_ the old number method, instead, a per-option hotkey
should be _added_ as an _additional_ way to invoke an option,
NOT to replace it!